Visitor Assistant Volunteer – Elizabeth Gaskell’s House
Elizabeth Gaskell’s House, a beautifully restored Grade II Victorian Villa, which was home to the Victorian author and her family, is open to the public 3 days a week. We also offer private tours and events during the rest of the week. The house is dependent on volunteers to operate and continue to develop.
Overview of role:
There are a range of opportunities dependant on an applicant’s skills, experience and requirements.
- Front of house duties, including welcoming visitors, ticketing, room stewarding.
- Tea Room Volunteers
- Learning and Community Volunteers- assisting with audience development programmes such as school workshops
- Garden volunteers
- Admin and marketing support
- Event volunteers
- Experience of volunteering in a new and exciting in Manchester
- Range of opportunities within the organisation to get involved in
- Full training provided
- Supportive and friendly environment
- Travel expenses
How to apply:
To apply please email email@example.com with your name and brief outline of why you are interested in this post. Alternatively phone us on 0161 273 2215 and ask for Angela. We will then invite you for an informal induction.
Closing date: Ongoing