In September 2015, Manchester Museum will launch an exciting new space The Study, which aims to inspire researchers of all ages, from curious teenagers to amateur enthusiasts. We are looking for people with a passion – it can be anything (within reason) from geology or botany to comics or knitting – to volunteer in this beautiful new gallery.
Through this unique volunteer opportunity we invite volunteers to actively research and share your passion while empowering visitors to be curious and take their interests further using Museum objects, bespoke activities and carefully selected resources. As volunteers you will create a welcoming and engaging environment for visitors to feel comfortable to pursue their own interests and passions. You will encourage visitors to browse, search, study and contemplate within each themed area to prompt their own journey of research and discovery.
Overview of role:
- Create a welcoming, relaxed and engaging environment for visitors to feel comfortable to pursue their own interests
- Enable all visitors to effectively use the space, resources and tools – from the well-informed amateur enthusiast actively seeking new information to the curious general visitor stumbling across it
- Actively contribute content to social and digital feeds
- Understand, promote and add to activities in The Study
- Organise and maintain the space, by helping to coordinate bookings and ensuring the gallery is presentable
- As a volunteer you will become part of the highly valued Museum Volunteer team with opportunities to take part in further training and development
- Expenses provided
How to apply:
For further information or to offer your support, contact Kate Glynn via E-mail:Kate.Glynn@manchester.ac.uk or Telephone: 0161 275 2473
Closing date: 17 August 2015